Street Art vs Graffiti/Tagging
1. Street Art is constructive, Graffiti Tagging is destructive.
2. Street Art adorns the urban landscape, Graffiti Tagging scars it and accelerates urban decay.
3. Street Art stretches your mind, Graffiti Tagging is a slap in your face.
4. Street Art is about the audience, Graffiti Tagging is about the tagger.
5. Street Art says "Have you thought about this?", Graffiti Tagging says "I must exist because I see my name".
6. Street Art was done with a smile, Graffiti Tagging was done with a scowl.
7. Street Art was done with an outstretched hand, Graffiti Tagging was done with an outstretched finger.
8. Street Art takes skill, Graffiti Tagging takes balls.
9. We mourn losing Street Art and celebrate losing Graffiti Tagging.
Do you agree or disagree with these statements? Justify your opinion.
French street artist JR uses his camera to show the world its true face, by pasting photos of the human face across massive canvases. At TED2011, he makes his audacious TED Prize wish: to use art to turn the world inside out.
Street artist JR made a wish in 2011: Join me in a worldwide photo project to show the world its true face. One year after making his TED Prize wish, he shows how giant posters of human faces, pasted in public, are connecting communities, making change, and turning the world inside out.
Brainstorm some issues that you think could be portrayed through JR's style of Art.